Thursday 3 April 2014

Today was a day that started well but ended up in breaking a top section and seriously bending the bottom section of my mast. The wind and waves just kept building throughout the day as the rain came and went. I managed a solid 2nd in the first race but things started to go down hill from there. In the second race was pushed out at the start with seconds to go but managed to race my way back to a 16th in the 60 boat fleet. The third race started exceptionally well and had plenty of boat speed, just didn't place the boat in the right spots. finished the race in 19th. To top the day off on the way in I found myself in some breaking waves that you would expect to see on the pro surfing tour. This resulted in me being separated from my boat. The force of the wave broke my top section and severely bent my bottom section. Was very lucky that that's all that happened. Spent the rest of the afternoon repairing sails and getting permission to change my masts. With 3 more races left of the finals I have moved up to 9th overall but the points are very tight. Hopefully I can have a good day tomorrow to put myself in a good position to fight in the medal race in two days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment